Restructuring your family is a difficult decision to make. If you feel like it's the right decision for your family, you'll want to retain a divorce attorney who can simplify the process. Lauren A. Ellis, Family Attorney PLLC is inclusive, representing all kinds of families in Yakima, WA and surrounding areas.
Whether you're primarily concerned with dividing marital assets or want to do whatever you can to part ways on amicable terms, we can help. We will always advocate for your best interests.
Call 509-972-7730 now to arrange a meeting with a divorce lawyer. We can schedule your free consultation within a week.
It goes without saying that your family structure and daily routines will change after your divorce. Although you can modify parenting plans and child support decisions, you don't want to rush into anything. Your divorce lawyer can negotiate fair and reasonable solutions to set up your entire family for success post-divorce.
No two divorces are alike, so we'll come up with a case strategy that meets your specific needs. Our strategy may involve...
Division of assets, such as...
- Market investments
- Real estate and investment properties
- Vehicles, furniture and other major assets
- Checking, savings and other bank accounts
- Retirement, health care and education savings accounts
- Heirlooms and other assets with financial or sentimental value
- Collections of art, books, coins, music, stamps and other valuable items
Negotiation of agreements involving...
- Spousal maintenance (alimony), including the amount, duration, step-down options and termination conditions
- Family-owned businesses, including shares, buy-outs, revenue sharing, dissolution and resale terms
- Child and pet custody
- Debt distribution
- Child support
We're ready to represent you in negotiations with your spouse or their legal counsel in Yakima, WA or the surrounding area. If your spouse doesn't agree with what you believe is best for your children, then we can go to court to fight for the best interests of your family. We'll leave no stone unturned.
The parenting plan is more than just a checklist or calendar. It's an agreement that impacts every aspect of your life and the lives of your children.
Prior to meeting with a divorce attorney, think about the following questions:
- What strengths are unique to you and your spouse?
- Where will you and your spouse live and take vacations?
- How will you celebrate holidays and observe religious practices?
- How will you approach conflict, unexpected expenses and major lifestyle changes?
You can discuss your answers to these questions with attorney Ellis during your consultation. You may also want to discuss parameters involving...
- Your child's education
- Contact with extended family members
- Conduct when dropping off and picking up your children
Reach out today to consult a Yakima, WA-based divorce lawyer about your parenting plan.
Once a final plan is in place, life changes may warrant an updated version to be negotiated or litigated and filed with the court. When these changes happen, we're here to help.
In order to modify a final parenting plan or child support order, several things must occur. To use the legal terminology, a "substantial change in circumstances" must occur before most modifications can occur, but not always. To find out where you stand in the modification process, contact us to schedule a free consultation today.